Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 27 - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Are you ready for some football!!!

When was the last time you spent a Sunday watching a solid 9-10 hours of TV. Productive, absolutely not! Feelings of exhilaration when your team wins, feelings of depression and anger when your team loses.

My team, the Minnesota Vikings won! I was at a "neutral" bar in Chicago which pretty much meant it was 80% Bears fans, 5% Vikings fans, 5% Packers fans and the other 10% couldn't care less how the teams were doing. They were enjoying the beautiful day outside eating by the open garage door windows at the Wrigleyville bars. Unfortunately, looking at the weather, this might have been the last nice day in this Midwest Frozen Hell.

I saw some former colleagues at the bar though. It's funny when you are let go from a company you will actually see who your real friends were. Although I know that one of the guys at the table knew who I was and we had talked every day at the office, he seemed to totally forget who I was. This could be because one of two things: either he never really liked me and this gives him the opportunity to never talk to me again, or he is one of those people that is nervous to talk to anybody that got laid off. I guess he may have thought that I had something interesting to say.

A new week starts. It's Monday, so it's time to call the Unemployment office and certify for the two weeks prior. If you are living in a city as big as Chicago, you may notice that you can't get through the first, second, third, fourth... seventy fifth time you call. You seem to get a busy signal. HOLD ON!! It's an automated system. How can you have a busy signal? What they are telling me is only one person at a time can use the automated system, which seems ridiculous. But, it gives me time to go online and look for future careers. I've decided upon three careers... underwear model, treasure hunter (aka metal detector guy on the beach), or the guy that holds the doors open at restaurants. All lucrative, all sought after jobs. You help me decide!

What is going to be accomplished in this coming week you ask? Well, I will do the whole resume dump thing on the usual sites. I have a phone interview so we shall see where that goes. And I will continue to get ready for my upcoming wedding in Sonoma, CA. Noooooo, I won't be the one getting married. Just one of my good friends. Pics will be included on those blogs.

As far as Sunday night and being unemployed, well, you don't really have a "bed time". Thus, my bed time will be 1:33 AM tonight and I will wake up at the same time that I usually do. Around 8:00 AM. And you know what? Tomorrow is one day closer to Tuesday which is when I will finally win Mega Millions and blow it all on more lottery tickets.

Deep Thoughts for Sunday:
If Jesus wanted us to spend an hour or more on Sunday's listening on how we are all going to hell and how we should give more money to the church, he would at least throw us a bone and have a choice of red OR white at communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment