Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 29 - Smiling Eyes

I promised you all some details, and what better way to provide details than with bullet points? Here you are:

  • Let go August 31st
  • Went over to Amanda's that night to have a couple of beers
  • Filed for unemployment over at her place because the unemployment site hates MAC's and I am typing on my MacBook Pro.
  • Went to Kirkwood's for some beers. In attendance: Meredith, Ash, Amanda and Raj. Some people didn't even know I was let go until last night!
  • Woke up the next day and checked out some jobs and then went to the gym.
  • Next day, next day, next day all seemed the same.
  • However, the first two weeks of September provided some nice 78 degree days. After my usual mornings, I headed to Oak St. Beach. There is nothing more relaxing for me than sitting under a transplanted palm tree with the waves of Lake Michigan and all of it's bacteria filled glory crashing in. Some days I would stop and get Jimmy Johns for lunch. Other times, I just didn't eat.
  • On those days I went to the beach, I would just get on the Clark St. Bus at the corner of Clark/Division to Chicago Ave. and go from there to the gym.
  • This went on for the first two weeks and the past two weeks have been spend applying for jobs that I may or may not ever ever be happy at and relaxing!
  • That brings me up to the day # that I started.
Whew!! Don't you just love lists? They are needed all the time in PowerPoint Presentations and what better way to be professional on today's blog than those above?

Are you jealous of my past four weeks? Should I be sitting in front of my computer for 10 hours a day applying for jobs like some would think? Perhaps. Perhaps I should go to the corner and ask for money like some of the "fake" homeless around here. Or, perhaps I should let karma take over and show me the way. Option #3 wins!!

I believe in Karma. When I have been screwed over in my personal and professional life, I KNOW that those individuals will get it in the end. And you know, they have. Oooohhh, so don't mess with me!! Haha, just kidding... or am I?

Done for the night. It's 7:48 PM CST. How about some of you out there in "Holy Crap! I don't have a job and I can't pay for my house/apartment/car/bills/sex toys/gambling/candy/Patron/plastic surgery/smokes"? Are you doing okay? Do you need a hug? I hear there is an opening.

Deep Thoughts:

What's the deal with spaceships? I mean, they aren't really in water, so how can they be ships?

No comments:

Post a Comment