Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 30 - Travel? Yes Please!

I saw a job posting today that was for a position with 100% travel to various countries for various parts of the year. Was this a job posting for James Bond, a Hotel.com travel consultant, a teacher or a international man of mystery? No... it was for an ad salesman. Really?! Somebody who sells ad space in a newspaper gets to travel the world and all expenses paid? There must be a stipulation, I thought. And that stipulation was the fact that all of your money was commission and you better speak more than ten languages. I only speak nine languages so that put me out of the running. Oh well, craigslist does it to me again.

I am getting the denial emails pretty quickly these days. I guess the recruiting/HR departments at these companies aren't suffering any layoffs'. Well, good for them I say.

I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want to help people and have a job that actually contributes to the quality of human life, but... a man's gotta eat, ya know? And I love surf and turf.

A while back, I lived in Thailand (study abroad for Michigan State), and it was the greatest time of my life. I was thinking of going back there and living in a bungalow for $1 a night like I did at Ko Pha Ngan island. Want a picture of the good life? Ever think that when you get laid off/fired/quit you don't have time or money to go anywhere. Well, $1 a night! For that, you can cash in your 401K and live for like a hundred days (Well what's your 401K worth?). Here's a picture of the view (and yes, I actually took this picture from a 35MM camera):


So, book your tickets now and live the good life for awhile.

Alas, I cannot. Or can I? I have no car (Chicago livin), no mortgage, and am livin with a free flowing attitude. Perhaps I have already left and am writing this from Thailand. Or not. I mean, why would you ever be on a computer at a place like this?

Happy Wednesday all! Hope your Thursday is the best day of the past 2 days for you.

Deep Thoughts for Wednesday:

Do you remember the show/computer game "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego"? Unfortunate news kids. Carmen started to abuse drugs and alcohol and is now selling Street Wise. However, she plans on making a comeback in a new show called "Where in the Sewers is Carmen Sandiego"




No comments:

Post a Comment