Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 37 - Professional MegaMillions Player?

Day 37? Ooh boy, what a crazy ride it has been. I started out on Day 1 and was loving life because it was still warm out and I could go to the beach and then go out that night with some friends. Oh how the seasons change in this Midwest Urban Jungle.

I will still go out during the nights and you know how I do this? I have given up drinking during the week and I don't drink that much during the weekend. Now you should question yourself. Can I give us something like alcohol living in a city such as Chicago? I guarantee you can but perhaps you feel the pressure of your friends. Hey, I used to be the go to guy to do a shot or buy the next rounds. However, when you don't have what seems like an endless bank account or the American Express Black Card (I have two, cause one wasn't enough), then you scale back. And you know what happened? I realized that I drank to catch a buzz but was drinking so much that I was not remembering what happened the night before (passed out in the bushes?) and not moving very fast the next day. Considering I am a workoutaholic, I decided that I could get that last "cut" from cutting out the main contributor to many an individuals last "love humps". My drink of choice was always a vodka martini with three olives, but that has gone by the wayside. Now, I drink a lot of red wine and straight water on the rocks.

Some of you may feel the pressure to drink and a funny thing happens when you tell them you don't. They look at you like you are crazy. Really?! Why is not drinking considered crazy? I can have just as good a time without the Bells, Miller Lite, Vodka Soda's, Jager Bombs, and Martinis as long as there are good looking girls there. haha. Just kidding?

As a major holiday is coming up, I would like to offer you a bit of wisdom. The best part of the night is always from 2:00 AM - 5:00 AM. That is where all of the stories actually happen. When is the last time you had an awesome story from the night before that was before midnight? I prove my point.

Okay, in all seriousness, here is the information for today.

I applied for a few jobs and am collecting those emails that say I have submitted a resume. When people say that applying for a job is a job itself, they weren't kidding... I should be getting paid $80,000 a year to do this for people. Wait a minute! There I go! I will be the official "enter your profile information into those ridiculously long online company applications" guy. Since I will charge by the hour, let's do the math:

52 Weeks in a Year
40 Hours in a Week (Well, for Americans, it's more like at least 50)

52*40 = 2080 Hours

$80,000 a year / 2080 Hours = $38.46 an hour

That's not bad at all. Any takers out there? I know it could be a lucrative career as the unemployment rate is reaching 10% and that's not including all of the people that consider working at Street Wise as a real job.

As always, remember to smile, laugh and be confident. The dream job (rock star that is also on the Travel Channel) is right around the corner.

Deep Thoughts for Wednesday:

Don't know what to be for Halloween? Here's an idea... how about a Patron Shot Giver Outer. You will be the most popular person all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment