Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 42 - National Holiday? Only for some?!

Happy Columbus Day!!!

I made a discovery myself today! You can actually sleep for 10 hours straight without blinking an eye (?). I was able to awake at 9:00 to put dishes in the dishwasher and clean up a little bit and then it was right back to sleep. Not that I needed to, actually, I needed to. What a crazy weekend it was.

Friday -
  • Elbo Room - Saw Mason's Case (GF's Cousin's band) at 9:00 PM
  • Left to go to the Darkroom to meet up with the "guys" considering all of the "girls" were in Vegas until Saturday night
  • Left Darkroom to go back to Elbo Room for a late nightcap
  • In bed by 3:00 AM, not a whole lot of details to go along with the night
Saturday -
  • Woke up with full intentions of going to the gym, but with MSU playing at 11:00 CST, there wasn't really any time to go. I've been told my Ab's look good though... HA!
  • Went to the Stretch to watch the game. I got there about 10 minutes early and there were only 7 people there. Eventually more showed up, and it was a festive atmosphere as MSU was stomping on UofI.
  • After the game, I left Stretch and went home with full intentions of going to Will's to watch the Wisconsin game. However, that didn't end up happening and crashed instead. Don't you just love naps? Naps are some of the greatest things in the world, right? George Carlin agreed and so do I.
  • Woke up and went to a friends' place for a drink with full intentions of going out first before picking up the GF from Midway. But... it didn't work out that way as by the time that I would make it to downtown and come back, I would only be able to stay for a half hour at most.
  • I left my place around 9:40 PM to pick up GF from a 10:25 flight.
  • I made it to Midway with 15 minutes to spare. Wow for lack of traffic!!! I parked my car and waited.
  • She came down the escalator and then we went to the baggage claim area #6. Man oh man, I cannot believe some of the people that get off of a Vegas flight. I saw guys that were literally missing 4 of their top teeth, guys in jorts, big tittied women that looked like they smoked 3 packs a day and then the younger, good looking people. All in all, good people watching.
  • GF checked two bags, only one came out!!!
  • Almost a meltdown, but as we discussed with the Southwest baggage lady named Joyce (wonderful by the way), there was another flight coming in and we should just wait. Which we did. On that flight were two of my other friends, so it was good to see them as well. And what do you know?! GF's second bag came out. So we were on our way home.
  • By the time we got back it was 12:30 and neither one of us wanted to go out, so, we stayed in (duh?).
Sunday -
  • The Vikings were on National TV again thanks to a Bears bye week, so I was in pure elation! And they won!
  • No real Sunday funday, but at least I didn't spend much money. However, after being stuck inside for too long, I went to Binny's and bought a nice bottle of Cab. Mmm, delicious.
And here we are on Monday and it's a National Holiday. Now, if I were to take a boat and start sailing around, would I get a day named after me too? Perhaps. Okay, time to start sailing.

Tomorrow I will wake up refreshed, apply for numerous jobs and then go to REI for a free lunch and learn series. They are doing this all month long and you get a free Chipotle Burrito while you sit for an hour and listen to cool topics. I chose the volunteering in the city series. And then it will be off to the gym to work off said burrito.

I hope you all had a great weekend. As I am now on Day 42, I thought I should celebrate. Thus, tonight, I have decided to get crazy and have a cup of Jasmine/Green Tea. Craziness!

Deep Thoughts for Monday:
National Holiday's are kind of a downer. It just means that no matter how hard you work your ass off, you will never have one day of the year named after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment