Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 42 - I have 15 minutes left before day 43...

Two posts in one day?! Wow, you must be crazy they said. And you know what I told them? "It's more fun to be crazy, than to be less than crazy and still crazy" They were totally confused by my superior logic.

I've decided on what I want to be when I grow up... a professional advice giver outer. It seems like I can tell others how to live their lives a little better, yet I don't seem to know what I want out of mine.

A long time ago, I believed as many of you do that the path in life is simple... you go to high school, then go to college, get your degree in something you believe you might want to do for the "rest of your life", and then proceed to get a job. Next comes finding your partner in life (this can happen anytime from the high school sweetheart to the person you meet in your late 20's/early 30's), seeing each other for awhile, falling in "love" and then getting married, buying a home (or condo/townhouse), having children, growing old and then having grandchildren.

Whew!

Now, time for what many of you don't want to hear or will try to debate. I do not want to get married, nor do I want children. Plain and simple.

Now comes your rebuttals. But Aaron, what's going to happen when you are 70 years old and all alone? So what? I do not believe that we need to grow old with somebody in this society because of fear of being lonely. In fact, once you reach a certain age, I think it may be better to have just friends.

But Aaron, I'm sure you will find that one person that you will fall deeply in love with and you will want to get married. I'm sure I will love, and will continue to love, but I do not believe that there is just "one" person that you are meant to be with. That's not to say that I would go around with multiple girlfriends, it's just that when we deny our human feelings and repress them, we are bound to get in to worse situations (50% of marriages end in divorce. Add to the fact that if there are children/possessions involved, it's worse).

But Aaron, what about continuing your name? What?! Continuing my name? As much as I'd love to have little kids and worrying about them constantly, that's exactly what I don't want. I am not being selfish, I am just telling you that this world is continually getting worse and I would not like to see anyone growing up in to what I see is a very scary future. Also, I like nice things. Just being truthful.

But Aaron, won't it be awkward to visit your friends' that are all married with kids and you are not? Let me tell you, I have met many people that are currently married (some with kids and some without) or in serious relationships and after they hear my "theories" about this topic, they open up to me and inform me that they may have made the wrong decision. But because there are feelings and "obligations" that society has placed on them to stay married, they feel they cannot leave.

I also want to follow my dreams. My future consists of traveling, living a life of relaxation without worries of others, laughing with friends and enjoying the company of many others.

Seeing that not a lot of people are currently reading this blog, much of this information will be lost in day 42 of day 3,092. However, it has now been written and I am not afraid of who reads it. These are my true feelings and those that I needed to express.

My advice is to not scorn or look down upon people with different feelings or ideas than yours. Instead, just try to understand where the other person is coming from. Listen to their ideas, their positions and their feelings. If you ever want to talk to me about the stuff said above, please do so. Have a great night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment