Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 56 - Confusion or just plain dumb?

It occurred to me many days ago that I have not been posting on this blog or tweeting as much as I used to. When I first was let go, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was going to become a great writer, have one million followers, be asked to write a screenplay and then a history of my life and life happily ever after without having to actually "work". Well, what can I say. Money talks I suppose and I am not currently bringing any in (unless you count unemployment). So I have decided to do what anyone in my situation would do... work the corner. Except, with today's economy, I think there is a less of a demand for a male street cleaner than ever before. And that is just sad.

As for the reasoning behind not writing as much, what can I say? I am a lazy individual and sometimes I get behind. I'm sure many of you were procrastinators in school and didn't want to do anything until the last minute, but you knew you had to because it was for a grade. Now, if writing on this blog was my assignment for school or work, I guarantee I would do it every day and I'm sure you would too.

On to other topics. All work and no play makes Aaron a dull boy (The Shining reference). Do you see that picture of me as Wooderson? Yes, I decided to become the one and only again at a Yonder Mountain String Band concert at the HOB this past weekend. Couple problems with that... first, I was not in the mood to be the center of attention (and GF wearing a tutu definitely put us there as well). Second, I am nobody's hero for wearing the costume. When you come up to me and tell me you want me to say "I love them redheads" to your GF, then you might have some issues. Finally, I don't mind getting stared at, but not by some people who have obviously been drinking all day and cross the line between being cool and being a dick. And yes, there were those guys too. Call it jealousy, call it what you want, but for some reason, seeing a guy dressed up gives these meatbags reason to say something they normally wouldn't say sober. Well, at least I can say I made a few people smile (mainly girls, I mean, who are we kidding in those ridiculously tight cords) and hopefully gave them a story to tell that night.

I actually didn't take any pictures of this on my camera (just one on my phone), so we may never get to see the third reincarnation (and probably final) of Wooderson. I'm just happy to be someone that not everyone will recognize this Halloween. Let someone else bask in the glow of getting way too much attention. Captain America (Easy Rider) is NOT that type of person and just wants to live his life without hassles.

So, on that note, here is the Deep Thought for Today...

Deep Thoughts for Monday:

Whenever you wear tight clothes (Halloween), just remember that you WILL get attention. Whenever you wear ridiculously tight salmon color pants, you WILL get wayyyyy more attention than you may actually want.

1 comment: