Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 45 - And we are off to the races!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday, my devoted followers. A crisis arose with one of my good friends, and I was taken away from my duties as a journalist/writer/extreme badass.

However, I did say I would let you know how the interview went with that consulting firm. Okay. Just okay. It was slated for thirty minutes but only went twenty three (but who's counting?). I have to send some information to the company regarding the non-compete agreements that are the norm these days and perhaps you had to sign one too. It basically states that if you work for another company, they can sue you. Seems fair, right?

Well, the interview was a typical phone interview, and I said before, I don't think I sounded like a box. However, being that it was my first "interview" in over a year and a half, I was a little nervous and probably spoke too quickly and too long. That is one thing that all of my HR and Recruiting friends have let me in on. The person on the other end of the phone doesn't want to hear about your forty five minute rendition on how you saved your prior company $1,000. They want to see if you can say the same thing in one sentence. I may have used two sentences. Oh well! The next steps include more phone interviews (Yipee!) and then a possible all expenses paid trip to Atlanta. I just hope the office is not in an area where it is flooded, otherwise, I will have to ship my canoe as well.

But hey! I had another interview today for a Six/Lean Sigma position in Charlotte, NC. I always said I would not want to move to the East Coast, but the position does sound interesting and they seemed to actually be enthused with what I have to say. I don't know why, because I am NEVER funny, NEVER want to have a good time, nor am I well spoken individual. Maybe it's because I had some incriminating photos and that is how you actually move up in the world.
In other news, I feel fine. GF had the plague since Sunday and I thought I was starting to get it yesterday, but it turned out it was just gas. Guess I hadn't released my anxiety all day. Boom! Fart jokes.

Seeing that it is 11:00 AM, I am starving and craving some DD. Probably another post later because these are so short.

Bye ya'll!

Deep Thoughts for Thursday:

If they can make edible panties, why can't they make other things edible? Say, edible glitter, edible body paint, edible boxers, edible bra's, edible briefs, edible makeup? People would just be licking and eating each other everywhere! What do I mean by "everywhere"?... Exactly

No comments:

Post a Comment