Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 39 - Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Rain, rain, go away, don't let that snow come any day!!

Weather conditions in Chicago as of 11:21 CST: 51 Degrees and Rain
Chances of going outside before the concert at the Elbo Room tonight: 0%
Chances of the weather to warm up before getting colder: -43%

As I sit and ponder what to eat for lunch, I sit on the three big "job sites" (i.e. Monster, CareerBuilder and Linkedin) and pump away resumes into the lengthy redirected websites. Days like today are good for two things when you are unemployed... submitting resumes and "other" (Use your imagination on "other", I know I like to experiment, yow!)

I did make my way outside already as I had to return a Netflix DVD to the box and the hit up the local Dunkin Donuts in search of that hot, black stuff that keeps me awake for the remainder of the morning. I am going to tell you right now that DD coffee is infinitely better than the crap that they serve at Starbucks or Caribou. Not only is it a matter of taste, but also a matter of, well, taste really. Many of you may not know this, but DD coffee is actually made by Sara Lee. Yes, the same Sara Lee that I worked at for two years right here in Illinois right off of 88 in the burbs of Chicago. When I started working at the Lee (yeah slanging it up boyeee) I was a tea drinker, but when I realized that I could have unlimited Douwe Egberts coffee (do you see the theme of this blog? Mention places when you blog/tweet/facebook update and you may get comped). My choice every morning was a medium cup of coffee in my coffee mug with a shot of espresso. It's called many things at various coffee shops, but I called it the "Get your ass up" cup of coffee. That helped considering I had to take a bus to the Metra to a shuttle to the office every day and vice versa. Otherwise, I drove and that wasn't so much fun. Chicago is a perpetual traffic jam and that is never so evident than at 5:00 PM on any day of the week. In fact, unless you are driving in or out of the city from 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM, you will be waiting. Seriously. Seriously.

But I don't do that anymore, nor do I want to ever do that. I know that all of the good "jobs" are out in the burbs because of office space (ha!) costs, but Chicago traffic just puts me and the rest of the world in a pissy mood. How did I combat this? I would crank some Kenny G, roll down the windows and let the good times roll. Or roll in first gear as I moved at a pace of 2 MPH.

I might have two blogs today, I'm feeling frisky! I guess I'm not ending these with a proper ending, but that just keeps you reading, right?

Deep Thoughts for Friday (Part I):

It's not that you're sick with a cold or flu, it's just that everybody else is WAY too healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment